Pages

Inventory for Jessica's Boutique

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

How I Got Into Online Selling and Selling on Bonanza!!

I am a mom, wife and a caregiver for my granny who has Alzheimer's. I got married at 17 and had my wonderful son at 21. When my son was 4 months old we feel on hard times. My sister lost her baby boy, my husband lost his job, and my car was broke down. I didn't know what to do, other than move in with my granny. She was capable of living on her on at this time.

After awhile  we started to climb out of the hole we were in. My husband got a job, and started to go to school to get his CDL's ( best decision he made), I got my car fixed, and we were able to move out on our own again, except for granny was getting worse, and I couldn't leave her when she needed someone the most. So, we decided to stay and help her. She helped us when we needed it!

I have been a stay at home mom, and caregiver for several years now. About 3 months ago, I made a decision to try and make money online. I then learned about EBay, and started selling there, still am. There fees are outrageous, I started looking for somewhere else to sell that will not take almost half of what I actually make. That is when I came across Bonanza.com. I love it there. Everyone is so nice, and caring, and will help you if you need it. All you have to do is ask. Bonanza is more personal, with much better customer service than eBay. It is free to list your items on Bonanza, you only pay when you sell, and the cost is not nearly as high as eBay. The only problem is I need more sales. My booth on Bonanza is called Jessica's Boutique. I have worked long and hard to make it what it is, and I am always adding new items. You never know what you might find there.

Selling online is something that I love, and it keeps me occupied, while watching my granny. Keeps me from getting as depressed as I would otherwise. My granny is to the point where she is not very much company anymore. She either sits there quietly or she is hollering all day about anything, and it is usually the same thing all day. You can't tell her anything because she forgets right after you say anything or tell her she is alright. One thing that makes it so bad is I have to get someone to sit for me to go anywhere, and my daddy is the only that will do it. My sisters live a couple towns over so it would be a hardship for them to sit for me, with gas as high as it is. So, I do what I got to do, and live and learn from my experiences. I am sorry if this isn't much to read, but I wanted to tell everyone a little about myself and how I got to where I am now. I hope you enjoyed reading this. Stay tuned for my next post. Check out my booth at Bonanza.com!

100_1034

A Picture of me and my granny! She is 89 and will be 90 on Halloween 2011!

1 comment:

  1. Bless you for staying to help your wonderful granny! I'm on Bonanza too, but haven't sold anything there yet. I have more luck on eBay. However, you give me hope. I took a look at your shop. Another venue you might want to consider is Artfire. They have a vintage section for anything over 25 years old and also a free basic account. Just a thought! See ya on Bonanza. Best Wishes - Mish

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!